An Event in partnership with EFAO
February 22, 2016 – 9am - 4pm: Loyola House, Ignatius Centre, Guelph, Ontario
It Promises to be a full and informative day - see the Agenda for more details!
The full day session is a partnership event with the Ecological Farmers Association of Ontario and the Local Organic Food Co-ops Network. The various workshops and plenaries will explore innovative and adaptable forms of finance. Conversations with lenders and funders will explore various financing sources and how to build meaningful dialogue. The day will also begin to build the case for sector bench-marking and creating the narrative necessary to prove the economic impact of food systems across Ontario. Speakers and workshops will include discussion and information on the following topics:
- Conversation with Funders and Lenders
- Co-operative regulations and community financing
- Municipal and non-profit business partnerships
- Working with banks and credit unions
- Alternative financing models
- Working with Community Futures Development Corporations
- Government granting for farms and co-operatives
- Social enterprise – including good food values in your business planning
- And more.
Register at FAIR FINANCE FORUM as part of the Assembly or as a stand alone event.
Thank you to our sponsors!