Eat Local Sudbury is a co-op local food enterprise that serves to increase the public access to locally produced foods in Sudbury and the surrounding region. We do this through our retail store that is host to over 1800 items that are produced locally or within Ontario, our wholesale distribution business and the Eat Local multi-farmer community shared agriculture program.
We are seeking a part-time Food Hub Sales Coordinator to promote and coordinate the wholesale sales department. The Food Hub Sales Coordinator would be responsible for the sales and promotion of products to new wholesale customers across the region, while also contributing to the business planning process for our new local food hub.
Salary: 30 hours per week, with base rate + commission
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Must have sales experience
- Must have a knowledge of the food service industry
- Strong marketing and business knowledge
- Knowledge of local food in Ontario
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work well with little supervision
- Strong drive to achieve goals and targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving history record
- Sound record-keeping abilities
- Good navigational skills
- Previous experience working with a not-for-profit organization an asset
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Food handling experience is an asset
- Able to handle money and organize orders
- Be the point of contact for all wholesale sales clients
- Coordinate orders for customers
- Develop new sales relationships with new markets in the region
- Achieve sales targets in wholesale department
Business Planning Specific:
- Work with steering committee and consultants on food hub business plan
- Evaluating potential clients, competition and risk assessment for wholesale local food
- Surveying existing customers about growth potential in local food
- Report regularly to the Managing Director
Other tasks as required.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Deadline for applications is July 20th @ 5pm.
Please mail applications to:
with the subject line reading “Food Hub Sales Coordinator”
While we thank you for your interest in Eat Local Sudbury only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.