- August 26, 2017
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
An Inside Look at Area Farms & Co-ops!
Saturday, August 26th
Join us to learn more about local farming, how co-ops have supported the continued existence and growth of area farms, & the importance of local processing. Drive to our stops yourself (during designated times), or hop on our bus from the Fairgrounds!
This family friendly event will include:
- A stop at the Farmers' Market, where you can purchase local goods, browse, and/or speak to area farmers about their operations and growing practices.
- A behind the scenes tour of our local abattoir, including some tasty samples of locally produced & processed meats.
- A tour of a cattle & hog farm, which includes some newly planted fields of galega--a new forage grass being trialed in our area.
- A tour of a popular mixed farm, which includes a hog farm, greenhouse, market garden, and butcher shop.
- Kids agriculturally related educational activities
- A pre-paid locally prepared snack and drink at our last farm stop!
- A tour of Cloverbelt Local Food Co-ops Community Greenhouse with Gardens of Delight
End your tour with a visit to the fair, to see more local agricultural exhibits and animals. Attractions include a petting zoo, local livestock such as horses, cattle, pigs and chickens, displays of locally produced vegetables, hay, and other crops, and locally prepared goods such as baking and preserves, among many other fun and exciting attractions! Food booths available for lunch.
Participating Farms & Organizations:
Cloverbelt Country Farmers' Market
Zurbrigg Family Farms
Cloverbelt Country Meat's Co-op (formerly Griffith's Country Meats)
Timber Hills Farm
Wall's Pork Shop
Cloverbelt Local Food Co-op Community Greenhouse
Gardens of Delight
Dryden District Agricultural Society
**A special thanks to Christel Kamm with Agriculture in the Classroom for providing kids activities**
Thanks to our Partners & Sponsors:
*Bus will depart from Fairgrounds at 9 am sharp. Please arrive 15 min early to park & secure your seat*
**Self-directed tour participants will receive a map via email upon registration, which will include the designated stop times and locations.**
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO PRINT YOUR TICKETS TO PRODUCE AT FOOD BOOTHS