Getting excited for Building the Soils of a Co-operative Food System? We sure are!
In order to help you prepare, we've put together a recommended list of items you may want to bring (in addition to whatever clothing and essentials you generally bring) in order to make the most of your time together.
- Slippers or indoor shoes: inside of Loyola House, you'll want to be cozy and dry and keep the carpets clean and comfortable for everyone. Sock feet are also welcome.
- Outdoor Gear: With free time on the schedule and beautiful grounds at your fingertips, take advantage and go out for a stomp, a wonder, a snowshoe, a cross country ski...
- Instruments: play a portable instrument? We've been known to have an open mic/singalong on our social night each year, and all musical talent and contributions are welcomed! (Bet you can't guess which food co-op GM rocks the harmonica, or which co-operator once shared a stage with Celine Dion!)
- Food Donation: when you registered, you probably indicated an items you'd be contributing to our annual potluck night or to the kitchen's ingredients. If you are having trouble remember what you promised, you can email Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please deliver your edible contributions to the kitchen directly upon arrival.
- Co-op Materials: bring promotional materials from your co-op or organization to share with others at the Co-op Marketplace (see below) or on the info table. For example, brochures, pins, stickers, business cards, product samples, posters, etc.
- Pocket Money: We will have an assortment of food/co-op books, sweet co-op pins, and posters available for sale to help support the LOFC Network. You might wish to bring cash or a chequebook if you're interested in taking home some of these goodies (there will be no credit machine on hand).
- Book to swap: There will be a free book and magazine swap so bring a donation and enrich your library.
- A device: There is a wireless internet connection and we are going virtual with our conference program (not to worry - there will still be paper copies available as well)! More information will be provided to registrants by email and at registration on site. If you're a proficient tweeter, you can get started right away with the assembly hashtags: #buildingthesoils #lofcassembly #foodcoops